Friday, October 06, 2006

Pottery Painting

About a year ago i discovered a place that allows one to paint the pottery of one's choice and they will fire it for you. They even let me use their paints and tools!! By devine inspiration a bright couple decided to open one such place here in Lexington VA this past April , Creative Kiln. I have been supporting their business with my frequent visits ever since I found them. Since this obsession has begun i have not done much of anything else as art is concerned. But i may have found a way to turn this hobbie into some profit though. I have had some requests to sell my work and Jon, the business owner has agreed to display my creations at the Kiln :) The Cheetah plate you see in the first picture is a duplicate design that i have put on a large square plate and a wide rimmed mug to make a complete set. The design was originally developed as a logo for one of my husband's businesses but they thought it was too trendy for a financial firm and money lender. oh well. I'll stick to painting my pottery.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

This one totally remind me of you ; )